I would like to thank everyone that played a part in the planning and management of the 2012 Conference in Branson. This was the first time for a combined conference for NRVMA and NAWMA and it turned out to be a successful endeavor for both associations. There were a lot of bumps in the road but they smoothed out over time.
I especially want to thank Howard Peavey, our 2012 President and Doug Wood, the Program Chairman. Both of these individuals put a lot of work and leadership into the conference and made it successful. Thanks gentlemen for your hard work.
I would like to recognize a few people for their part of the conference.
2012 Turney Hernandez Excellence Award Winners
- Don Lee, North Carolina Dept. of Transportation, DOT Roadside Environmental Unit
- Don Cole, Jefferson Parish, LA Public Works Dept.
- Ben Grossman, St. Charles Co, MO Parks Dept.
- James Mallett, Cowlitz Co. WA
- The State of Missouri Dept. of Transportation, (Stacy Armstrong and Rand Swanigan) for their assistance and items for our registration packets.
- Debbie Morton and Dow AgroSciences for a fantastic Industry Night
- The Officers and Board of Directors for their support and work during the year.
- Also to our GREAT SPONSORS and LOYAL EXHIBITORS.
Now we move on to the 2013 Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. The date will be September 10-12, at the Galt House. The Planning Committee will meet in April to finalize the agenda. Our plans are to look at bringing back some venues that have been popular in the past, such as, regional sessions and University updates. Please continue to check the website for upcoming news.
There will be some great opportunities for our Spouse / Guests program also.
If you have any questions or would like to offer input for the program , please feel free to contact me at email@example.com .